Wow. I can't believe that within the past two days, a ton of stuff just crash and burned.
First of all, my friend, Aaron, went sucidial last night. The Facebook chat conversation that we had seemed like the last conversation we would ever have, period. It was rough. My friend has been in this state before, but at the time we were in high school and it was much easier for us to stay in contact. Now he is in Oregon because he is in the military and it's much harder to stay in contact with him. The last time this happened, I was able to convince him to not go through with it. However, this time I don't think he was kidding and I felt absolutely helpless last night. There wasn't anything I could do, no one I could contact that was near him, heck, I didn't even have his phone number to call him. All I could do was pray and that I did. I haven't heard from all day, which concerns me because I'm starting to fear the worst. I hope that he found something worth living forand that he saw the light. It's in God's hands now.
Also, my dad got laid off today. Well, actually, it's a little more complicated than that. The company he works for, Applied Materials, made him an offer to quit so that they don't have to force him to leave and mess up his resumé, which I suppose is a courteous of them. They are also going to give him a a full year's check as compensation for him leaving so they don't leave him hanging. Also, apparently my dad didn't like his job all that much. He has a mechanical engineering degree but is currently working in supply and chain management. Interesting. So all in all, the situation isn't as much of a horror story as my mom described to me.
A lot is going on and I just don't know how to handle it.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment