Clearly, it's been almost two years since I updated this. I'm so bad at keeping up with blogs, BUT I'm going to try again. Not sure how this will turn out, but it's worth a shot, right?
Anyway, since I graduated from TCU in May, everything has become bittersweet. I feel like I'm at that awkward age in between college life and actual adulthood. It's so strange! Being a Facebook addict/stalker (just like Julie!! :P), I think it's weird that everyone is getting ready for classes/signed up for classes and anytime I go to My TCU, a big bold message pops up and says "You are not enrolled for any classes." Depressing? Kind of. Like Julie, I don't think any of this will really settle in until summer band starts. Although, I do have to say... I'm really, really, really glad I won't be outside marching in 101ยบ+ heat!!
On a happier note, I LOVE MY NEW APARTMENT. I love everything about it. I love living by myself. I love cooking almost every night. I love having control of the TV. I love walking around in my underwear and there's no one to judge me! However, I was kind of concerned that I would become a hermit and lose my social life. Not the case! I go out at least three times a week and I make sure to keep up with people. I like to be in the "know."
Jessie and Sean came to visit me two weekends ago! Regardless of Sean's crazy antics and his multiple attempts to steal the bed from Jessie and I, we succeeded in pushing him out and having a fun weekend. On Friday, we went to this place on West 7th called Sweet Sammies. If you haven't been there, GO. You make your own ice cream sandwiches. You pick your two cookies and what ice cream that goes in between. How cool is that? And it's cheap! I'm all about cheap sweets. :) Then we hit up The Ginger Man--my favorite bar. Their root beer floats are delicious (I realize that it's a bar, but you cannot resist the floats!) and you can play board games. Drew joined us and we played some intense games of Jenga and an incredibly long and drawn out game of Uno.
On Saturday, we went downtown to the Fort Worth Water Gardens. I love going there during the summer! They are relaxing and if I could go all the time, I would. Next time, I plan on bringing a book and reading by the waterfall. After that, we headed to Carrollton, and Jessie and I went to Omi Korean Grill. I've never eaten so much food in my life! The concept is pretty cool: They bring you plates of raw meat and then you cook it yourself on a grill that's on the table. Also, because it's Korean food, you'll also get roughly 14 different side dishes brought to you, not including four different sauces, a bowl of rice and two soups... Might I also mention that this was an all you can eat place. Needless to say, it was definitely an experience.
That night, we saw Inception... and it was AWESOME. I saw it again a week later with Drew and loved it even more! The music is epic. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an unbelievably attractive man. He is my current celebrity crush. Fitted suits need to be the new trend for men. :)
Well, that's enough for now. I'll update later with some new places in the DFW, including restaurants, hangouts, etc. that I think y'all should try!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment