Friday, August 6, 2010
SYTYCD predictions and more!
I think I'm going to start a column in Alcon's e-newsletter Localconnection. I'm in charge of the editorial calendar and recently, people have wanted to see more interesting content. There are a ton of interns at Alcon... perhaps we can start an "Experiences of an Intern" or "Through the eyes of an Intern" column. It's amazing at what I've noticed over the past few months. For instance, the color printer on the third floor is broken almost every week. I'm usually the person who calls the Help Desk to get it fixed because apparently, either people don't care or they're too lazy! I've also noticed that it's always cold. I swear the AC is always set at 65ºF. Then when you go outside, it jumps up by at least 30ºF! Craziness. This is something I'll definitely consider putting in our publication.
Speaking of Alcon, let me just add that I love my job. While some days are a little dull, I'm always working on something! I get to do a lot of writing, carrying out communication plans and networking with a ton of people. I know I'm still on contract and my title still says "intern," but I really feel like a full-time employee. I mean, I work 40 hours a week, I always have projects to keep me busy and every week, I'm running around to different meetings! It's a fun life. I do enjoy being a businesswoman. I've always liked the idea of Corporate America. You see the movies and most of the business people are successful and dress well! I could definitely get used to this fast-paced life.
On a completely different note, did anyone watch "So You Think You Can Dance" (SYTYCD) last night? I'm so glad AdéChiké finally got the boot! I have never been a fan of his and frankly, I'm surprised he made it as far as he did.
Billy was and is a way better dancer than AdéChiké! I was so upset that he got kicked off last week. He truly was in my top two favorites (when Alex Wong was still competing).
But because of last night's results, I'm excited for next week's finale. It'll be a good one and I'll be rooting for Kent or Robert! The finales are always my favorite because the judges pick their favorite dances of the season and the contestants get to perform them again!
In all fairness though and in complete objectivity, I think Kent is the best dancer this season. And because he has all of the tween votes, I think he'll win.
For the grand title "America's Favorite dancer," I think that it'll come down to Kent and Lauren. Lauren is the last girl standing! She's actually been the last girl for a few weeks now.
Huh. I just noticed that Lauren looks like a young Olivia Newton-John... Anyone else see the resemblance?
Anyway, I wish Alex could dance... he was my absolute #1 favorite. I was devastated when he got hurt! I hope he comes back next year. I considered buying tickets for the SYTYCD tour because I went last year with Sarah Pfahning and it was awesome! Tickets aren't that expensive so we'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment