Just like I promised! Here's my list of favorite places that I've discovered since I've been in Fort Worth... this includes everything from cool restaurants to fun landmarks/parks.
- Fort Worth Water Gardens -- I just went here a couple weekends ago! This place is so relaxing. Next time, I plan on bringing a book and popping a squat down somewhere near one of the waterfalls. This is a great place to take friends and family.
- Sushi Axiom -- As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the best sushi restaurants I've eaten it. The prices are reasonable and the sushi quality is fantastic. Sushi Axiom has a contemporary and modern environment with abstract water art, modern looking booths and a cool bar setup. My favorite roll is the Sunset Roll!
- Scat Jazz Lounge -- I spend just about every Sunday night here. If you love jazz music, this is an awesome place to go to. I suggest looking at their online calendar and finding events that don't have cover. However, if there is a cover, it's usually only $5. For all you TCU musician lovers, Joey Carter and his band play on Sunday nights (no cover). Yes, you have to go into an alley to get there, and you have to take the elevator down to the basement. But honestly, you'll feel like a VIP! It's almost always cold so bring a jacket. The ambiance is dark, cool and as a cliché, jazzy.
- 8.0s -- I suggest going on a Friday or Saturday night when they have live music. Yes, you have to be 21 to enter and yes, there's a $5 cover. But on a nice evening, sitting on the patio with some drinks and live music sounds like perfect Friday night entertainment! Thomas and I saw some band called Le Freak... they played 70s and 80s music. Good times.
- The Ginger Man -- Located off of Camp Bowie (near the Camp Bowie and West 7th Street intersection), this is a very relax and chill bar to go too! They sell only beer (and delicious root beer floats) and they have board games! Thankfully, there's no cover. This is where I like to spend some of my Friday nights.
- Bass Hall/Fort Worth Symphony -- Earlier this year, I discovered that you can buy student discounted tickets for some of the performances! Just go by the ticket office and have your student ID on hand. Obviously, this is a super class place so dress nice.
- Central Market Cooking School -- I just completed a Sushi 101 class there! The cooking school is upstairs and they have a ton of different classes you can take! Check out the calendar and you'll find knife basic classes, seafood classes and more. I also like Central Market's cafe.
- West 7th Movie Tavern -- OK, if you haven't been here yet, you definitely need to go! This Movie Tavern is SO much nicer than any other one I've been to. The food is better and the chairs are comfier. Drew and I saw Despicable Me 3D there. Loved it!
- Sweet Sammies -- Best invention, ever!! Sweet Sammies is located in the new West 7th district of shops (same plaza that Movie Tavern is located in). The concept is simple: You get to build your own ice cream sandwich. You pick the cookies and the ice cream. Simply fantastic!
- Omi Korean Grill & Bar -- Now, I'm a little biased, but if you like Asian food, you'll probably like Omi. When I went, it was $18.99 a person (all you can eat) and they bring out your choice of meat and you cook it yourself. As you can see in the picture below, you'll get like 14 different side dishes, plus some sauces, soups and rice! There's also a cool Asian market next door (Super H Mart). Even if you don't buy anything, just go walk through it and you'll probably be in for a huge culture shock.
- Menchie's -- I'm torn because both Menchie's and Yo! are delicious fro-yo places. I guess Menchie's will forever be the "original" frozen yogurt place near TCU. I heard they have some discount after 9 p.m. every day? Good deal.
- Yo! -- This place is delicious. It's cheaper than Menchie's and it's closer to campus--not that that matters for me anymore--but it's still delicious. They have mustache Mondays... draw a mustache on your hand, stick it up to your face and then you get like 10% off your purchase. Nice!
- Purple Cow Diner -- This restaurant is located in the same plaza as Central Market. Now, don't laugh, but this place is tasty. It has your typical diner food, milkshakes and adult milkshakes. Never had the alcoholic milkshakes before, but hey, they look good. I always get the philly cheese steak sandwich. Delicious.
- Cityview Lanes -- Now, I don't go bowling a lot, but when I do, I prefer this place. It's nice and not too smoky (from what I remember, at least).The last time I was there, we had a KKY & TBS hangout... we did a lot of girls vs. guys game, but it was fun!
2 comments:
I wanna come play with you in FW. Can we go to some of these places?? : )
YES! When you come to Fort Worth, we can definitely play and go to some of these places. :) I miss you!
Post a Comment