Umm, a photo that makes me sad? Well, that's strange. I'm not really an angry or sad person, in general. I don't have any personal photos that portray any of those negative feelings, but I will say that in my Media Ethics class with Phil Record, we took a look at some disturbing photos. One of the most famous ones I could remember is of the girl in the Vietnam War. Because I don't want sad/disturbing photos on my blog--and let's be honest, until I post again, it'll be the thing that pops up-- I'll post a link of it. Some of you have probably seen it before.
The Vietnamese Napalm Girl
A quick story about the photo above: The girl in the picture is Kim Phuc. This photo was taken by a journalist on June 8, 1972 during the Vietnam War. Since then, the photo has been circulated all over the world, making headlines in some of today's biggest newspapers. Kim recovered her burns (as seen in black and white in the photo) and she lived to tell the story of her photo. Because that photo became so famous and people were curious as to what happened to that girl, Denise Chong wrote a book titled The Girl in the Picture: The Story of Kim Phuc, the Photograph and the Vietnam War. Here's an Amazon link to the book... you can even read a few pages of it! It looks interesting. I may even buy it.
The Girl in the Picture: The Story of Kim Phuc, the Photograph and the Vietnam War
Now, I think it's only appropriate to follow that photo (and story) with something much more light-hearted and happy!! This one is famous too. It's from V-Day.
And just for kicks and cuteness...
You absolutely cannot say this doesn't make you smile!! I want a little fur ball like this. :-)
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment