Whew! What a fun weekend.
I spent part of Saturday at a free salsa dancing class in Dallas! I went with Amy Suggs, Chris Evans, Danny Olmeda and one of his McKinney friends. We had a blast. Our instructor was a hoot and was very personable! We decided that we need to have a dance party at Chris' to practice our cool moves. Once we've perfected our awesome dance skills, I'm thinking we should go to Embargo or Gloria's to test them out. The class was an hour and a half long and we learned the basic salsa steps and some partnering moves too. I really want to take more of those classes but driving to Dallas on Monday nights would not be fun!
Saturday night, I went to my favorite bar, The Ginger Man, and played a guys vs. girls game of Cranium! Ashley, Amy and I held our own and almost won. Thomas and Chris won, but I'm telling you, it must be something with the lingo between guys. Guys understand guys, especially during those kadoodle and sensosketch challenges (the ones on the blue cards).
Yesterday, I had my very first professional full-body massage and let me tell you, it was awesome. One hour of pure bliss and relaxation! I'm convinced that I'm going to need more massages to get all of the tension and knots out of my back. Eight years of marching band, colorguard and winterguard can build up a lot of tension in the shoulders. For the next year, I'm going to focus on getting my back into better condition! Since I signed up for a year-long membership at Massage Envy, I will most certainly take advantage of it!
I may have mentioned this before--I can't remember--but I have become addicted to the crime TV sitcom called "Bones." I love the characters! I've almost gotten through the second season, thanks to my Blockbuster rewards membership. Other than the Food Network, I've been watching "Bones," "The Big Bang Theory" and "Say Yes to the Dress."
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment