Oh dang. The last good photos taken of me were at Ashley's birthday dinner at Los Vaqueros! Dang, that was awhile ago... I need a new digital camera, especially before I go on my cruise in January.
Speaking of my cruise... Drew and I are going on a 5-day West Caribbean cruise in the first week of January. We're scheduled to sail out of New Orleans on Jan. 3! I'm so excited! We'll be driving to New Orleans on Jan. 2 and we'll get to enjoy some fantastic Cajun food, and then we'll leave Jan. 3 for a fantastic week in the sun. We'll be stopping in Progreso and Cozumel. I plan to be sitting by the pool, getting some sun and drinking a daiquiri!
I realize that this is also during prime bowl game season... and for that, I'm a little sad that I'll be missing all of the big BCS games. But then again, that's what my Tivo is for, right? :) I'll be wearing purple for sure on whatever day we play, assuming we're in another BCS bowl. On that note, I expect nothing but pure domination and perfection this season. TCU football, make it happen.
In other news, I read yesterday that the Mountain West Conference (MWC) took in both Fresno State and Nevada. Honestly, I didn't even know Nevada existed (or maybe I knew and forgot). There are also rumors that BYU will be leaving the MWC, as well. That would suck for our conference and for TCU. The whole point of the MWC adding teams is to make our conference stronger and hopefully, then we could qualify for an automatic BCS bid. We've already lost Utah and if BYU decides to go independent--which in my opinion is a stupid idea--then that's another strong team that's gone.
Speaking of BYU's stupidity, BYU is no Notre Dame. Supposedly, the rumors are that BYU's football team will go independent (like Notre Dame) and then the rest of their athletics would move back to the Western Athletic Conference (WAC). First of all, The WAC just lost two more teams to the MWC, which leaves the WAC with six teams. Also, I don't think a lot of teams will be calling BYU to play them if they go independent... Yes, they're a decent team and yes, they have a huge fan base (thanks to the Mormons!), but I think they would have a better chance at a BCS bid if they just stayed in the MWC. Also, why would you want to send the rest of your athletics back to the WAC? Of course, BYU will become a powerhouse there, but no one really cares about the WAC and if you become a powerhouse there, no one really notices or takes you seriously. To me, it's almost like a downgrade from where they are now.
As Thomas Scibona once said: "The WAC is the ugly step-child of the MWC." Ha!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
love the pics! and you & Drew are going to have a BLAST!!
Post a Comment